Spread the love...
Open to all children between the ages of 4 and 12 as part of Royal Canin’s “Take Your Cat to the Vet” initiative
Newman Drama collaborates with Royal Canin Malaysia to launch the TYCTTV: The Future Advocate Poetry & Storytelling Competition starting 19 October 2020. The competition that opens to all children between the ages of 4 and 12 is part of Royal Canin’s “Take Your Cat to the Vet” initiative that has been continuously organised annually since 2016.
“I started Newman Drama with partner John Newman in 2014 to encourage young children especially to build the confidence to face real-life scenarios such as group interactions, oral communications, interpersonal skills and many more. With the recent announcement of the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) that limits our physical classes, this competition couldn’t have launched at a better timing. We hope that children in Malaysia will take this opportunity to present and recite poetry, and share their stories about their favourite topic – their beloved cats!” said Siew Yong, Founder and Director, Newman Drama. “While we offer physical classes in the Klang Valley and Penang, now with the online competition, we can reach out to more children across the nation”.
The collaboration was signed to encourage more children to sharpen and showcase their talent in creative communications and public speaking. “Other than providing this platform for our future generation to express themselves and share their own insights, Royal Canin hopes to educate them about the importance of veterinary care for cats. We know that children love cats for the cute and playful nature, but we also need to teach them the proper steps to caring for our furry little friends – the type of food the cats need to maintain their overall health and shiny coat, the regular check-ups, the grooming and other aspects of pet care. With the collaboration with Newman Drama School, children can begin to cultivate the values of animal welfare from a very young age,” said Dr. Melissa Phoon, Corporate Affairs Manager, Royal Canin Malaysia.
The online competition is divided into two categories, poetry recital for children between the ages of 4 and 7 years old and the storytelling for those between the ages of 8 and 12 years old. Interested participants can send in a 3-minute video talking about taking their cats to the vet to qualify for the competition after playing an educational web game on cat care via link: www.animalhappiness.asia/mycat2vet
Once the video is ready for upload on the Newman Drama’s Facebook Event Page, the participants must tag @royalcaninMY and include the hashtags: #cat2vet, #tycttv #newmandrama for the judges to review.
“Newman Drama and Royal Canin will contribute up to 70% of the total evaluation, so the children are required to include their stories or experience taking their cats to the vet for extra marks. Meanwhile, likes and shares on Social Media platforms will contribute to the remaining 30%,” Siew Yong added. “In conclusion, we’d like the children to share their sweet memories with their cats, hoping that they will continue to value their pets as part of their family members through this Social Media competition”.
The competition will run until 18th November 2020. Each child is entitled for one entry. Cash prizes, certificates and medals worth more than RM1,200 are up for grabs!
Find out more details about the TYCTTV: The Future Advocate Poetry & Storytelling Competition via official Facebook Event Page: https://fb.me/e/dgRLCA1XB
More information about Take Your Cat to the Vet Campaign is available at : royalcanin.com/my/take-your-cat-to-the-vet